Village Clerk

I live in Scarsdale. How do I get a handicapped parking permit?

Thu, 01/01/2015 - 00:00 -- admin

If you qualify as "a severely disabled" person, an application for the permit is available at the Clerk's Office. You will also need a certification letter from a physician on the physician's official stationery. The letter must be dated, state that the patient is permanently (or temporarily) disabled, and describe the disability.

According to the Vehicle and Traffic Law, a "severely disabled person" is one having one or more of the following permanent impairments:

I intend to get married in New York State. What do I need to get a marriage license in Scarsdale?

Thu, 01/01/2015 - 00:00 -- admin
  1. Proof of Age and Identity
    A person is required to establish proof of age and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk one of the following age related documents:
    1. Birth Certificate
    2. Baptismal Record
    3. Naturalization Record
    4. Census Record

    And one of the following identity related documents:

I just moved to Scarsdale. Does my dog need a license?

Thu, 01/01/2015 - 00:00 -- admin

Yes, if it is 4 months of age or older. New York State requires all dogs older than four months to be licensed within the municipality where the dog is "harbored." Proof of neutering or spaying is required, along with the appropriate fee. Also, proof of rabies vaccination is required each year when renewal is due.

Dog License Cost
Neutered/spayed $16.00
Unneutered/unspayed (under four months) $23.00
Unneutered/unspayed (over four months) $28.00

The Village Clerk is responsible for issuing various permits, licenses, and maintaining official records, including the processing of Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) requests. In calendar year 2014, approximately 752 FOIL requests were received, accounting for approximately 600 hours to respond or roughly .33 of a work year. The Village Clerk also serves as Registrar of Vital Statistics.

Subscribe to RSS - Village Clerk
Back to Top